Start your new year off right with a clean desk, January 13th is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Whether it’s your cubical, home office, or other workspace, take the time today to clear the clutter. Here are some reasons why having a clean desk can help your productivity!
- A clean desk shows professionalism
- Show your coworkers, employees and customers how professional you are by showcasing a clean work area.
- A clean desk reduces stress
- If you surround yourself with chaos, stress is sure to follow, get rid of tis overwhelming feeling by organizing your space.
- Helps you remember important task
- Prioritize task by only showcasing immediate task on your desk, focus on the current task at hand.
- Clean Desk Sparks Creativity
- Nothing inspires creativity like a blank slate!
- Saves you time & Increases efficiency
- You may think you don’t have time to organize your desk, but in the long run it will make your more efficient! No need to sort through papers and clutter to find the one paper you’re looking for when everything has an organized, dedicated space.
TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN YOUR DESK
- Get a desk organizer
- Utilize wall space
- Scan important papers and recycle the rest
- Take 5 minutes out of your day to tidy of your desk before you finish work for the day
- Reorganize your office and desk